Valenzuela, Makati, Taguig, Muntinlupa send help to quake-hit areas in Mindanao

Several Metro Manila local governments have extended financial aid to parts of Mindanao that were devastated by a series of quakes over the past weeks.

Valenzuela Mayor Rex Gatchalian told the Inquirer that the city had earmarked P19.5 million from its disaster risk reduction and management fund for additional relief operations in Davao del Sur and Cotabato provinces.

Loading...

Of the total, P6 million would go to Davao del Sur while P13.5 million would be turned over to Cotabato, with the bulk (P5 million) to be spent on disaster relief operations in Makilala town, one of the hardest-hit areas when a 6.3-magnitude temblor struck on Oct. 16.

“We gave the LGUs (local government units) cash assistance as we believe that [they] will be in a better position to decide what goods their victims need, considering the logistical concerns of those affected,” Gatchalian said.

ALSO READ: 5.5 temblor strikes quake-weary Mindanao on Undas

On the other hand, the Makati, Taguig and Muntinlupa local governments would be extending a total of P43 million in calamity aid to quake victims in affected areas.

Makati Mayor Abby Binay said the city’s disaster risk reduction and management council had approved a P24-million financial assistance to the Davao del Sur and North Cotabato LGUs.

Last week, the Taguig City council passed a resolution to extend P15 million in calamity assistance to Digos City and the towns of Magsaysay, Bansalan, Sta. Cruz, Hagonoy, Kiblawan, Malalag, Matan-ao, Padada and Sulop in Davao del Sur province; as well as in Kidapawan City and the towns of Makilala, Magpet, M’lang and Tulunan in Cotabato province.

The Muntinlupa City government also donated P4 million to the victims in Davao del Sur and Cotabato provinces.

Maki-balita sa Netizens Alert sa FacebookTwitterInstagram at YouTube!

Mag-post ng Komento

0 Mga Komento